So my attention was piqued when I was asked recently, “We brush our teeth and moisturize our skin daily, but what do we do for our eyes?” I had to be honest and say I hadn’t really thought about it…
I do know that Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus are just two autoimmune diseases that can affect your eyesight and lead to vision loss if left unchecked… so I asked my thought-provoking questioner to sit down with us and chat about eye care and autoimmune—that questioner being the co-founder of MyCorneaCare.com and ophthalmic surgeon Dr. Jovi Bopari.
Dr. Jovi shares simple changes that relieved him from his struggle with eye problems. And we cover a lot of eye care tips in our time together, including Dry Eye Disease and the importance of eye care even as we sleep—especially when you have an autoimmune condition. He also gives us the answers to…
• When it’s just’ seasonal’ dry eye, Dry Eye Disease, or autoimmune-driven dry eyes?
• Do the blue-light-blocker glasses work, and how about sunglasses?
• How body inflammation, familiar to those with autoimmune, can lead to eye dryness, sensitivity to light, blurred vision, and other eye ailments,
• And the surprising sleep habits we all need to protect our eyes while we sleep and much more…
More About Our Guest: Ophthalmologist and Ophthalmic Surgeon Dr. Jovi Boparai is passionate about educating patients and the world about the importance of personal eye care and Dry Eye Disease.
The daily habits of increased screen time for work and personal use, seasonal allergies, contact lens use, and notable side effects of several oral medications have led to a rise in Dry Eye Disease. It’s estimated that between 16 million and 49 million Americans have dry eyes. Now that’s not all autoimmune related, but that 16-49 million is about 5-15% of the US population.
Learn more about Dr. Boparai and CorneaCare, the company he co-founded to make eye health more accessible, at https://mycorneacare.com/
Please share with family and friends: https://UnderstandingAutoimmune.com/DrJovi-2023
#dryeyes #understandingautoimmune #eyesandautoimmune #autoimmunehour #eyecare #wellness
* Your host is not a doctor or medical professional. All professionals presenting on the show only share opinions and do not give medical or other advice. Seek your own professional care and guidance if you have questions or concerns. The information presented in this interview cannot substitute for the advice of your physician or other trained medical, healthcare, or other professionals. This show is not intended to diagnose, prevent, or treat autoimmune diseases or other conditions or illnesses. The information provided on UnderstandingAutoimmune.com, Life Interrupted Radio.com, and The Autoimmune Hour is for educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for your own medical, legal, or other professional advice and care.
All materials on YouTube@UnderstandingAutoimmne, The Autoimmune Hour (Show), and UnderstandingAutoimmune.com are the copyright of Competitive Edge Communications. For more videos and podcasts, visit https://www.UnderstandingAutoimmune.com.