We welcome back Dr. Jenny Tufenkian, ND, to chat about Eco-Anxiety, especially our reaction to rapid changes like wildfire smoke. Eco-anxiety seems self-explanatory, yet that was a word I was unfamiliar with until I read Dr. Jenny’s recent newsletter where she, to quote her, said, “My PTSD got triggered this weekend. [wildfire smoke] I realized my subconscious mind went down the ‘uh-oh’ it’s back …” and as she shared with us had to implement her own tips and tools to keep from ‘awfulizing’ it!
Environmental crises can trigger powerful emotions and physical stressors, even when we are far away and safe. Dr. Jenny shares ways to cope and create resilience, plus
• Practical tips to reduce your exposure to environmental toxins,
• How to overcome the feeling of helplessness and take positive action,
• Helpful ways to calm your nervous system when you’re caught off guard,
• The impact of smoke on physical and mental health plus so much more…
More about our Guest:
Dr. Jenny Tufenkian, lovingly called ‘Dr. Jenny’ by her clients, is a licensed Naturopathic Physician with over two decades of experience. She combines her own recovery from Chronic Fatigue with a functional medical approach, including deep subconscious work, to facilitate powerful shifts in her patients’ physical and energetic bodies and has developed a unique system that identifies and addresses five core energy drainers that cause Chronic Fatigue. Patients and practitioners can access her unique system through both online and in-person programs.
As a successful private practitioner and adjunct clinical faculty member, Dr. Jenny lectures to the public, health professionals, and corporations after receiving her training and residency at the National University of Natural Medicine. In her free time, she enjoys the outdoors and spending time with family. Learn more at https://enjoyfullhealth.com/ and whttps://drjennytufenkian.com/
Share this link with family and friends: https://understandingautoimmune.com/DrJenny-2023
* The information provided on the Autoimmune Hour, Understanding Autoimmune, Life Interrupted Radio, and their associated websites and social media is for educational purposes only. The content is based on experience and should not be used for legal, diagnostic, or treatment purposes.
©Sharon Sayler and Competitive Edge Communications