Listen to “You Are What You Eat When It Comes To Autoimmune Issues” on Spreaker.
After 25 years of suffering from multiple autoimmune conditions that affected your guest’s energy, skin, hair, and joints, VJ Hamilton’s finally found her answer(s) and her calling.
First diagnosed with alopecia areata in childhood, VJ endured many years of very visible autoimmune conditions, including alopecia, psoriasis, and eczema. After decades of enduring various symptoms and ill health, she was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue—another ‘problem’ to add to the growing list. Determined not to let the ongoing multiple health problems become her ‘fate’ in life, VJ did an intense study into immunology and trained as a Nutritionist. She finally uncovered the root cause of her issues and transformed her health — now living free of symptoms.
She shares with us more of her own survivor-to-thriver story, plus she explains:
• How we have to think beyond food groups and look at the nutrients we need,
• Why and how food can trigger symptoms, including multiple skin issues,
• Why (in most cases) we don’t need to throw out whole food groups such as ‘no diary,’ ‘no nightshades,’ etc.,
• The importance of individualized analysis and care and so much more…
More About Our Guest: VJ Hamilton VJ has a BSc in Biochemistry & Immunology, is a Registered Nutritional Therapist, and is a member of the Institute of Functional Medicine.
VJ now uses these same principles in her nutritional therapy clinic, The Autoimmunity Nutritionist, to help strong-willed women with autoimmune disease regain their strength and live a whole, symptom-free life. VJ is a perceptive health writer featured in Cosmopolitan, The Telegraph, Glamour magazine, and many health magazines. VJ has also co-authored a book with other well-being therapists called ‘Empowerment in Health & Wellness,’ which provides practical wellness tips to thrive after a life challenge. In her free time, VJ seeks culinary experiences at home and away and loves to recreate dishes at home with her friends and family. VJ is dedicated to her two twin pups and enjoys long walks in the country, Pilates practice, and attending music and theatre shows. d enjoys long walks in the country, Pilates practice, and attending music and theatre shows. Learn more at: https://theautoimmunitynutritionist.com/
Please share this link to our chat with family and friends: https://UnderstandingAutoimmune.com/VJ-2023.
* Your host is neither a doctor nor a medical professional. She is someone who is living well with an autoimmune diagnosis. This show is for educational purposes only. The information presented in this interview cannot substitute for the advice of your physician or other trained medical, healthcare, or other professionals. Host(s) and guest(s) are not diagnosing any specific conditions during the show. This show is not intended to diagnose, prevent, or treat autoimmune diseases or other conditions or illnesses. The information provided on UnderstandingAutoimmune.com, Life Interrupted Radio.com, and The Autoimmune Hour is for educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for your own medical, legal, or other professional advice and care.