Are you tired of striving for perfection in every aspect of your life, including your wellness journey? It’s time to let go of the pressure to be perfect and instead focus on progress over perfection.
In the latest episode of The Autoimmune Hour, host Sharon Sayler sits down with veteran psychotherapist, award-winning speaker, and author Dr. Charryse Johnson. Dr. Charryse, known for her bestseller “Expired Mindsets,” discusses her latest book “Get Off the Scale and Heal,” a valuable guide not about losing weight but rather about gaining self-love, empowerment, breaking free from external judgments, and forming a healthier relationship with our bodies, including
• Understanding how hormones play a meaningful role in our well-being,
• Looking at how fear affects our self-image and perception,
• Discovering helpful ways to break from destructive patterns,
• Simple strategies to recognize and rejoice in gradual improvement.
Plus, much more…
More About Our Guest: Dr. Charryse Johnson is a veteran psychotherapist, award-winning speaker, and author of #1 best-selling books, Expired Mindsets: Releasing Patterns That No Longer Serve You Well (2021) and Get Off the Scale and Heal (2023).
Dr. Johnson holds a B.A. in Human Development and Family Studies, an M.A. in Professional Counseling, and a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology with a concentration in crisis and trauma. Some of her most recent work involved conducting international research focused on reducing the stigma around mental health. She is a strong community advocate and has contributed to radio, social media, television, and documentaries. Her thought leadership has been featured in CNBC Online News, Prevention, Romper, Healthline, Bustle, and the Atlassian.
Her passion is rooted in the belief that our past only holds the power we have relinquished— it is only meant to be a place of reference and not a place of residence. One person, one organization at a time, she aims to help others honor the space they were designed to occupy. Learn more at www.DrCharryse.com.
Share this link with your family and friends: www.UnderstandingAutoimmune.com/Okay_2024
* Your host is not a doctor or medical professional. In the capacity of this presentation, both guest(s) and host are acting as everyday people trying to make sense of the world. The information presented in this interview cannot substitute for the advice of your physician or other trained medical, healthcare, legal, or other professionals. Host(s) and guest(s) are not diagnosing specific conditions during the show. This show is not intended to diagnose, prevent, or treat autoimmune diseases or other conditions or illnesses. The information provided on UnderstandingAutoimmune.com, Life Interrupted Radio.com, and The Autoimmune Hour is for educational purposes only and opinion only. It is not a substitute for your own medical, legal, or other professional advice and care.
©2023 Sharon Sayler and UnderstandingAutoimmune.com