Get ready for an inspiring journey as Bill C. Potts shares his heart-warming story of what it’s like being a five-time cancer survivor with Sharon Sayler, the host of The Autoimmune Hour. In our time together, Bill speaks to how surviving cancer has made him cherish and live life more deliberately.
As a successful businessperson, Ironman athlete, and author of ‘Up for the Fight: How to Advocate for Yourself as You Battle Cancer—from a Five-Time Survivor,’ Bill shares many valuable life lessons he has learned through his epic journey. Yes, you read that right – Bill is a five-time cancer survivor who is currently battling his sixth bout with cancer. So, fasten your seatbelt and get ready to be inspired!
Bill’s upbeat attitude and optimism, mingled with pragmatism, converge head-to-head when Sharon and Bill share tips mixed in with the many parallels in all survivor-to-thriver stories, whether autoimmune, cancer, or… including
• Adapting to a new normal and staying calm in crowded spaces,
• The importance of seeking second opinions and being an informed patient,
• Tips on assembling a healthcare team and the role of a buddy system,
• Discover how to leverage hope and advocacy,
• Easy ways to have a great life regardless of your diagnosis.
More About Our Guest: Bill C Potts is a motivational speaker, creative business leader, energetic community builder, IRONMAN athlete, dedicated father and husband…and a five-time cancer survivor (his current fight against #6 is ongoing). He has written an indispensable handbook for anyone going through a cancer diagnosis – like the definitive What to Expect When You’re Expecting….but for cancer.
Jam-packed with knowledge, insight, and advice, Bill wishes he never had to learn, “Up For The Fight’ explains what to expect and shares lessons and essential tips you can put into action along the way: from diagnosis to treatment, to remission, to cure–and how to face setbacks on the road to recovery. His book has been endorsed by MD Anderson, The Mayo Clinic, The Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, and the Leukemia Lymphoma Society.
Share this link with your family and friends: www.UnderstandingAutoimmune.com/Bill_2024
* Your host and guest(s) are neither a doctor nor medical professional. In the capacity of this presentation, we are everyday people trying to make sense of the world. The information presented in this interview cannot substitute for the advice of your physician or other trained medical, healthcare, legal, or other professionals. Host(s) and guest(s) are not diagnosing specific conditions during the show. This show is not intended to diagnose, prevent, or treat autoimmune diseases or other conditions or illnesses. The information provided on UnderstandingAutoimmune.com, Life Interrupted Radio.com, and The Autoimmune Hour is for educational purposes only and opinion only. It is not a substitute for your own medical, legal, or other professional advice and care.
©2024 Sharon Sayler and UnderstandingAutoimmune.com