How am I going to survive? What do I do next? All sort of questions go through your mind the moment a diagnosis of autoimmune enters your world. Many people don’t realize that the minute you are diagnosed with a chronic disease there is a grief process that happens. Our guest for this episode of The Autoimmune Hour Janelle Breese Biagioni, RPC will share with us “How to feel what you need to feel even when you don’t want to feel” plus so much more. Janelle is a Registered Professional Counselor specializing in grief and loss arising from life-altering events, author, and public speaker.
Janelle will also share with us her five veils of loss and…
- What to do when you receive shocking news.
- Why not to let anybody tell you grief is predictable.
- There are no steps to grief and why the grief process is really a discovery process.
- How to distinguish the primary and the secondary losses.
- And even, how to find hope when it seems nonexistent.
Listen to the intriguing episode to discover the natural rhythm of grief and so much more when it comes to dealing with loss after the diagnosis.
About Our Guest
Janelle Breese Biagioni ~ Her work includes A Change of Mind: One Family’s Journey through Brain Injury and Life Losses: Healing for a Broken Heart. She has been published in Bereavement Magazine, Grief Digest and several of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books. You can find more information at: www.janellebb.com and www.thehopegenerator.com